To charge the batteries of your kids during this winter and to increase their immunity levels, consider the following healthy foods that are essential in winter season.
- Fresh fruits provide ample of vitamins, fiber and minerals. Always keep handy oranges, apples, bananas, kiwifruits, grapes, guavas, etc and serve them in between the main meals to deal with hunger pangs.Pomegranates, blueberries and strawberries are good source of antioxidants and therefore, must be included in daily diet. Fruit salad is great way to encourage eating fruits among kids. Always carry fresh fruits while traveling with kids for instant energy. Fresh fruit juices are also great for kids.
- Green leafy vegetables are rich in iron, calcium and antioxidants.You can add them in your sandwiches, wraps, salads, stuffings and soups to create colorful, interesting yet nutritious recipes for kids.
- To combat chilling weather, soups instantly provide warmth and lots of nutrients. Especially when kids shy away from vegetables, make an interesting soup from seasonal veggies such as tomatoes, carrots, spinach, cabbage, etc and serve them hot. They would surely love them and would ask for more. If you do not know many recipes then download soup recipes from internet and try one of them today!
- Almonds contains lots of good substances to assure good health for kids. A handful of almonds on daily basis in winter help to fight diseases and to overcome physical disorders. Instead of offering empty snacks to kids, give them almonds to satisfy their hunger.You may also roast them at home for added flavor or simply add them in your salads and recipes to enhance the nutritional value.
- You cannot undermine the benefits of dairy products after all the above healthy foods. Whether you offer milk, yoghurt or cheese, dairy product in any form boosts child growth. You can prepare innumerable dishes out of these to suit the taste buds of your kids. Add veggies/ fruits in the yoghurt to make a tasty snack or include cheese in different dishes for added flavor. Hot flavored milk helps the child to stay warm and healthy in winter.
- Create or discover a new range of recipes for the health of your kids which contain all these energy filled food items.