|Rainy season is favorite season of kids though caution required.|
Rains definitely provide the much-needed break from hot and humid summer. Everyone including kids enjoys the rains and some even like to get soaked in the rainwater. It appears that the sun and clouds are playing a hide and seek game.
|Kids enjoy rains despite of chances of getting sick.|
Cold is a common problem in rainy season. However, not a very serious one, yet prolonged problem of cold and cough can make the child weak and lower his or her immunity levels. Early precautions and treatment is the right solution.
There are different kinds of viruses in the air in rainy season. The hide and seek game of temperature and rains give birth to various infections and illness. Eye infection is yet another problem that may cause stye, conjunctivitis, dry eyes and blurred vision in some cases. Poor hygiene and presence of viruses in atmosphere is the primary cause of eye infection. The parents need to combat both in order to safeguard the kids.
Malaria and dengue are also prevalent in rainy season. The main reason of these diseases is presence of mosquitoes. It is better to take prior precaution rather than risk your child’s health and repent later. Resort to home remedies to combat all these health issues and keep your children healthy.
Water borne diseases need a special mention in this list. Often hygiene and carelessness lead to such diseases.
Some important tips to avoid diseases in rainy season are here below:
1. Dress the kids as per the season. Use of gumboots, raincoats and umbrellas are must to protect the kids from dirty water and prolonged wetness.
3. Washing hands prior to and after eating is a good habit, which kids can learn through example and daily reminders. Use of medicinal soap for hand wash after toilet is mandatory. Always carry hand sanitizer for maintaining good hygiene.This habit can surely avoid many infections.
4. Keep the nails of kids trimmed to avoid dirt penetration. Moreover, prevent kids from nail biting as it may cause illness.
5. Always drink adequately filtered and purified water. If possible, use boiled water to avoid diseases like cholera.
6. Prefer bottled water to tap water when eating out in restaurants.
7. Avoid prior cut foods or uncooked foods like fruits and salads. It attracts severe stomach infections and cause digestion problems.
8. Control the tendency of eating out at roadside food stalls. They are most likely to be unhygienic and contaminated with pollutants.
9. Stop kids from touching their eyes and face with dirty hands. It may cause eye and skin infections.
10. Use mosquito coil, repellents creams and net to keep the mosquitoes away. Pesticide treatment is a good solution to solve the pest and mosquito problem during rainy season.
|Umbrellas, boots and raincoats are essential during rainy season to avoid skin infections.|
12. Enhance immunity system of kids with proper diet and lifestyle that includes leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, milk products and cereals. A strong body can fight infections and viruses better.
Body and skin care in rainy season is equally important for kids and adults. Proper care is the only way to enjoy the rainy season without any problem.